This is a statement of Data Protection Compliance adopted by Horsley Holdings Limited T/A Go Complain for undertaking legal services for clients.
Go Complain will, whilst providing legal services, collect and use personal information which must be dealt with properly, in any manner that it is collected, recorded and used; whether on paper, in a computer, or recorded on other material.
We regard the lawful and correct treatment of personal information by the company as critical in maintaining the confidence of our clients; we therefore treat personal information lawfully and correctly.
We therefore strictly abide to the Principles of Data Protection, as set out in the Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA 1998).
Specifically, the Principles require that personal data:
- Shall be processed fairly and lawfully and, in particular, shall not be processed unless at least one of the conditions of schedule 2 DPA are met, or in the case of sensitive personal data, at least one of the conditions in Schedule 3 DPA are met.
- Shall be obtained only for one or more specified and lawful purposes, and shall not be further processed in any manner incompatible with that purpose or those purposes.
- Shall be adequate, relevant and not excessive in relation to the purpose or purposes for which they are processed.
- Shall be accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date.
- Shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
- Shall be processed in accordance with the rights of data subjects under the Act.
- Shall take the appropriate technical and organisational measures against unauthorised or unlawful processing of personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, personal data.
- Shall not be transferred to a country or territory outside the European Economic Area unless that country or territory ensures an adequate level of protection for the rights and freedoms of data subjects in relation to the processing of personal data.
A cookie is a simple file text that is stored on your computer or a mobile device by a website’s server and is unique to your web browser. This helps the website improve your user experience by enabling that the website remembers you, it may store your login details, and help with the interaction between you and the website.
We understand that some people find cookies intrusive and therefore it is possible to block or delete cookies, should you prefer.
Data processing of Client information:
The information collected will be used in accordance with applicable laws for the following reasons
- To provide you with our legal services
- Legal compliance requirements
- For internal analytical review to improve our services
- Share non-personal information with third parties for statistical data only.
We do NOT:
- Disclose personal information to other third parties outside the legal process of your case.
- Hold your bank details.
At Go Complain we strive for the very best in information security. Our online and case management systems include:
- Industry standard software protection from cyber attack
- All emails and data are encrypted to level 256-bit
- Data is subjected to vulnerability management process, actively scanning for security threats, using the very latest spam, antivirus, malware and ransomware software available.
- Once screened, data is stored in a Tier 3+ 2N UK data centre, which has 24 hour physical manned security on the site.
- All data centres are ISO90001:2008, OHSAS 18001:2007 and ISO/IEC 27001:2005 compliant and accredited.
- Network security is provided by Juniper and Cisco industry standard firewalls.
- All Go Complain staff undergo security clearance checks and training.
- Client bank details are neither received nor held by Go Complain.
Privacy modifications and contact: